Jason Moran
Friday, August 26, 2005
  Dan Knows Everything
This post is for the nerds out there that understand software development.

A coworker of mine named Dan makes a bunch of web services, which are basically just methods with an xml interface to and from a subscribing program...and I'll stop there. He takes a guess as to what I'll need to do from my application and he makes the methods to interact with the database and other objects disconnected from the application I'm working in.

So, I'm looking at a method Dan wrote and after nit-picking it apart I decide that out of the 6 things I need it to do, it only does one, plus it does three things that I don't want it to. I go over to Dan to lay down the law and tell him how it is. I took a good 45 minutes structuring my complaints, going over charts and tables, and whining like a little girl. In the end it turns out that his method did everything I was asking for already, and it was way easier to use than I had envisioned with my elaborate schematics.

Too bad Dan's last day is on Wednesday, because once he leaves I'll be writing my own web service logic. I'll end up turning 20 lines of basic code into six methods with insanely complex and very unreasonable approaches to doing basic things.
 
Comments:
Hah Hah!
 
"Back to school. Back to school, to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool. I got my lunch packed up, my boots tied tight, I hope I don't get in a fight. Ohhhh, back to school. Back to school. Back to school. Well, here goes nothing. "
 
"I pooped a hammer."
 
"Well, there are some things you should know. First off, you see gum on the street, leave it there. It's not candy. "
 
"Did she say we were doing laundry? Because where I come from, it's called "doing the hibbidy-dibbidy."
 
"Hoser, eh?"
 
And somehow, not a single comment has even the slightest reference to the originating post. Should I just start making blank posts? Maybe I should just post pictures of trees. Haikus about the garbage men. I really don't think it would matter.
 
I can't believe you deleted his post. Bears menstruating is a natural part of life. It's no different, and perhaps a cleaner topic, than monkeys spanking the... well, uh...
 
In support of the first amendment and free-speech lovers world-wide, I hereby commit to silence on this blog until 4:39PM on Friday, September 2nd, 2005.
 
Thank God. We'll have some peace and quiet around here for a week. 8-)
 
Those guys have moved to Kelly Moran's blog!
 
Great Oden's raven!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
for smiles. for fun. for good times. for love. for eternity. for my family. for friends. for myself. for him.

Archives
June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / April 2011 / April 2012 /


>>Blogs that link here

Jason-Moran Dot Com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Buy Jason a Beer!