Jason Moran
Thursday, August 10, 2006
  My Blogging Is Important?
Okay, first of all, I did some checking and various muscle mags and muscle blogs linked to my Guide To Getting Huge (Pt II) articles. Some site called BirdFluBreakingNews.com linked to my Doomsday Predictions article. I can only guess that I'm moving up in the world and I will be getting my most recent article about economic trends (Yuppy Life) or my pointers on eliminating debt in some economics magazine.

The yuppie post definitely struck a nerve in lots of people, as it was my first post to get so many on-topic comments pretty much ever. In fact, the comments themselves nearly deserve their own post.

Here are some key comments:

...tremendous spike in the price of an inelastic good (gasoline) takes place. Individuals are forced to choose luxeries [sic].

I think people buy semi-luxury items because their friends buy semi-luxury items. It has become uncool to be thrifty, or just downright cheap.

What was the person's service worth in real world dollars?

if I were to order $500 worth of food...I wouldn't tip $100 and I wouldn't tip $20

Don't worry Dave I still think you're cheap

if it was true that waitressing was a more lucrative profession in the long-run, you would see more people stick with it rather than going to community/technical college's

I don't even know a Jew who'd have the balls to say that. So let's get this straight. You never ever tip?

If you're stuck in a minimum wage job, you need to suck it up, get some training

The T.I.P.S. (To Insure Proper Service) idea. If you paid money into that and you did NOT get proper service, then the insurance would pay out (most likely paying for your meal).

Minimum wage should at least follow the pattern of inflation

Let the markets set the wages.

I feel the value of college will dwindle vs its cost at some point unless things change

the social norm of a strict percentage of tipping: The more I ponder it the more I think it's a pretty stupid social norm

Look at any country where the "market" sets the wages and you will see that those employees make nothing as employers will use "desperation" to always find someone willing to accept a lower wage.

Obviously many of those points don't follow in a narrative order, but at minimum they presented lots of interesting concepts. The minimum wage arguments and the tipping arguments were my two favorite.
 
Comments:
here's an idea. if you won't tip $100 for a $500 meal then don't order $500 worth of food and drinks. Same as if you can't afford a $5 tip at Applebees then don't go out to eat.

I once received $150 from a table of 6 guys who's food and drink order came up to $112.

Tipping has nothing to do with percentages, it has everything to do with the attitude of your server b/c that's what really makes great service. If you ever meet a really amazing server please consider thanking him/her with money b/c words only matter if they match the tip, otherwise we feel that you were going out of your way to insult us.
 
Quit whoring for google-bot website links, Moran.

Kelmo: I would never order $500 worth of food, and we don't go out to eat because we can't afford it. It just doesn't fit into our budget. We're often asked "Where are some good places to eat around here?" All we know are the Chinese, pizza, and fast food places, and even then, we don't dine-in.

Also, you just contradicted yourself in your last post. You're saying if you can't tip 15% on $500... blah blah, but then you say "Tipping has nothing to do with percentages, it has everything to do with the attitude of your server b/c that's what really makes great service."

I say amen to that second train of thought.
 
Does anybody out there have an HSA? Or are you all getting traditional health coverage through your employer?
 
Horse Saddle Applesauce?
Home School Academics?
Hello Sally Anecdotes?
Hopeful Sunday Afternoons?

What the heck is HSA?
 
Health coverage Sucks A$$
 
United Healthcare! I used to have United Healthcare...I thought they sucked...but now I'm on some crap plan from Anthem and it's even worse. So, I dunno, I just want one that is cheap and doesn't have a deductible/copay/coinsurance
 
Jason, I haven't tried to swallow a cow recently, but I'm loving anthem. Our monthly premium dropped from $407 to $257ish.

We tend not to go to doctors.
 
Yes, Anthem is great if you never use it. When you try to use it, you will understand a new level of suckiness.
 
Two hunred fitty dolla sucky sucky!
 
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that unless your companies is paying for your health care it's going to suck...unless of course you don't use it. Like me. I pay $0 a month for my health care and I love it! Of course it costs me $350 a doctor visit, but I don't visit them often. When I visit people I at least expect them to offer me a drink, if not a meal. Doctors just charge to sit on paper in my underwear. I'm not about that.
 
I also hate paying somebody to let them have a gander at me while I'm sitting on paper in my underwear.

However...if that somebody was HOT...

...I'd still be pretty mad about having to pay money
 
Just curious. Does David Hasselhoff qualify as "HOT" to you, Jason? So you wouldn't mind sitting in your underwear on a piece of paper while he takes a gander at you?
 
Heh, I saw hasselhoff perform Jump In My Car live on "America's Got Talent" where he's a judge.

Yes, yes, I watch trash tv.
 
yeah, i was flipping through the stations when i started to watch the hoff only to find that my hatred for him is much stronger than the joy of pointing and laughing at his obvious lack of talent. Why is he a judge on that show again?
 
haha and finally the hoff killed the blog comments.
 
where's the post about your anniversary? happy one today!! :) bek&andy
 
Honestly, Moran's just lettin' this "I'm so Important" post hang around to fluff his ego a little.

It's stale as old bread.
 
well, plus i think posting a blog is on his "not really important" list considering his wedding anniversary was yesterday (i think, I'm not so good with dates).
 
Sammon: I think you've convinced me not to make a new post
 
Sammon takes Pat Benetar. And he likes it.
 
i put up a new post as well, if you thought pat benetar was great, well check out all the girly meaningless quizzes i've got up there now. YESSS!
 
no silly, Mr. Ace Alex McFluffykin Oatmeal? Mr Jingles Kopec already has a wife selected for him when he becomes of age and we just rescued his brother Professor McFluffykins Nimbus Oatmeal? David Bowe Kopec and he's chubbier and funnier looking and such a cute sweet cuddler of a puppy who totally does not understand that he's a dog. It's so funny.
 
Mrs. Moran, what you've just said is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this blog is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your dog.
 
do while (true)
{
Jason.Ego.Inflate(BlogPosts.MyBloggingIsImportant);
}
 
Compiler Error.
SpellCheck Error.

Debug.Assert(Sammon == Loser) returns true.
 
John Sammon as a kid
 
I pooped a hammer.
 
i ate your chocolate hammer.
 
It's one thing to discuss all things poop when it's just people you know. But you're airing your dirty laundry on an unprecedented national scale, as Sammon has pointed out.
 
Yes, you have some very meaningful and important posts. Hmmm... and the importance of this post is to pat yourself on the back? You'll be moving on up with the Jeffersons!
 
I pooped another hammer!
 
DUDE!!! NEW POST ALREADY! NEW POST!!! NEW POST!!!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
for smiles. for fun. for good times. for love. for eternity. for my family. for friends. for myself. for him.

Archives
June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / April 2011 / April 2012 /


>>Blogs that link here

Jason-Moran Dot Com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Buy Jason a Beer!