Jason Moran
Monday, May 22, 2006
  Finished Da Vinci Code Quest on Google
I have completed the Da Vinci Code Quest on Google. This was basically a 2 part advertisment campaign by Sony (maker of Da Vinci Code the movie) and Google. For 24 days a new piece of the quest was available to be conquered. These were usually some flash games mixed with some oddball questions. You know, translate this psuedo-language into English or answer this trivia question or watch this movie.

Some Google service was used to view/search for every answer. Google Video, Google Books, etc. Anyway, they weren't exactly impossible, but they weren't easy enough to answer without looking most of them up. At the end, if you were one of the first 10,000 people to finish the 24th puzzle, you were considered a "Finalist". The servers hosting the game (or something) had some hiccups...so perhaps some of the ordering of those initial finishers were out of order. Plenty of people complained...but who really cares?

Well, by making it into the final 10,000 you were promptly shipped a Cryptex in the mail. It's this sort of combination locked storage container. It's supposed to have vials of vinegar which will dissolve the parchment found within to prevent any attempts at breaking it open without using the correct code. Anyway, the one I got has no vinegar, and it doesn't even have a complete code. Even though the password says it requirs 5 letters...only the last 2 letters are truly necessary.

So, as a finalist I was permitted to take on the final challenge: a 5-part test that did not include any of the oddball trivia questions. After all was said and done I completed it in about 6.5 minutes. Many people took well over an hour to finish the same test. Did I win? No. A couple of people managed to finish a hair under five minutes. But maybe that's a blessing in disguise. The prize is valued at $140,000, which at 40% tax means I would owe $56,000 in taxes next year (just for this prize). Of course there are ways around paying that full amount...but it would still add up to probably $20,000 in taxes. That's definitely money I would not have planned on spending (even for trips to New York, London, Paris, Rome, flat screen tv, mp3 players, laptop, etc).
 
Comments:
And I'm not bitter. Not bitter at all.
 
Dave isn't lying, either. He is not a finalist.

I won't point out the fact that he did not get anything for doing the quest. I also will not point out the fact that he was not a finalist. I mean, you don't want to rub in the fact that he was not a finalist while you were, ya know?
 
whats the prize? and thanks to the da vinci code past history of Jesus is staying in the media....
 
Yes, percentage-wise I am extremely high in the standings. I was in the top 1% out of the finalists, making me the top 0.00005% of the overall contest.
 
I propose we rename this blog to boost-my-ego.blogspot.com
 
First of all, the toilets around here are by themselves...so there's no "guy next to me" possibilities.

Secondly, yes, I received a cryptex in the mail for being a finalist. (ARV $30)
 
Jason, speaking of toilets, when I was on mine, at work, I realized that I had been wearing my "slightly imperfects" backwards most of the day!!!!!!!
 
Jason takes more days off of work than anyone I know. Which is scary, because when he's at work, he's not even doing work.

And what are slightly imperfects? Is that like a factory brand outlet version of Victoria's Secret?
 
"anonymous" and I both received a pair of triple-clearance priced "slightly imperfect" boxer briefs at a shared birthday party. Oh, and when I say we both received a pair, I do not mean that we are sharing a single pair of underwear.
 
after reading that post..i just soiled my "unmentionables"
 
I think "slightly imperfect" is secret code for "they're too big in the crotch"...
 
Oh, you mean he's BZZD !
 
Wow, this series of comments was almost entirely one person talking to him/her- (but most likely him-) self. How sad...

And Jason, this means you basically received sweatshop wages for your labor! Yeah!

O, and you should tell them the e-bay thing.
 
Well when he's out of work he's:
BZZ[ZZZZZZZ]D
 
Jason, is that you with the "N" on your chest?
 
Wow, that guy is just about as white as I am, too
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
for smiles. for fun. for good times. for love. for eternity. for my family. for friends. for myself. for him.

Archives
June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / April 2011 / April 2012 /


>>Blogs that link here

Jason-Moran Dot Com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Buy Jason a Beer!