Jason Moran
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
  And I'll Cry If I Want To
It was my birthday yesterday.

26. What an uneventful day. 26 sounds "old". I mean, I don't feel old. Also, 26 is fairly young. But, I was thinking about what I thought "old" was when I was eleven. When I was eleven 26 was officially an old age.

At 26 you have passed some invisible threshold. See, at eleven you are looking forward to most of your birthdays. At 26 you can look forward to a few milestones (30, 40, 50, whatever-birthday-gets-you-senior-discounts). But, for the most part, you can only look back at the major birthdays. Twenty five is the last time you get something cool. It brings cheaper insurance rates and the ability to rent a vehicle in every state. After that you don't get anything until the senior discounts. But how much can you look forward to senior discounts when you consider how wrinkly you'll be and that you are now shrinking and growing weaker.

Anyway, 26 arrived with a thunderous silence and will probably be remembered for how forgettable it was. My mother, on the other hand, said she distinctly remembers 26 as being one of her favorite all-time ages. You still have your youthful vigor yet you have shedded that "18 year old immaturity". I've got 364 days left to decide how right she is.
 
Comments:
I wished you a Happy Birthday one day early. And now I'll wish you a Happy Birthday one day late. :)
 
Happy belated birthday! My birthday was one day before yours. I turned 22. Anything I can look forward to at 22 that you know of?
 
do u really think you've shedded that 18 year old immaturity? :)
just kidding. 26 hasn't been so bad so far. i've done it for 4 months now and i've barely noticed. you can do it too. :) happy birthday, jason.
 
Dang Jay. You are OLD. I think you're starting to get that old man smell. Geez.

Actually I think I tell you this every year, but really, I don't think you are getting old. You're still just about the same Bobo J Mo I've always known.

Happy Birthday!
 
Uh, I'm officially 26 for another 15 days or so. So you're saying I'm still at that "old threshold".
 
Yeah Happy Birthday Jason. I have a funny birthday card for you , and I wrote "send JAson's birthday card" on my calander for April 28th and I forgot to. So it will be late, but it's still funny=)

Happy Birthday!
 
I hope your mom's right. This is a HUGE year for you...

1. new house
2. first major financial investment
3. independence from parents (no connection with your house and theirs)
4. milestones in faith
5. growth in leadership

... and so much more!
 
I know who anonymous is (I think). It has been a big year so far -- and it will continue to be.
 
Happy B-day - I hope 26 isn't the age that you are actually OLD - cuz that was a long time ago for me now :( WHHHHAAAA!!

Hope this is a great year for you Jason!! May more of your dreams continue to come true!! God Bless Ya - and Happy Belated B-day!!
 
Jason, it's time to pull yourself together and give us a new post. Seriously now.
 
I think he's got NWIBS today.
 
I think I was 26 the first time I literally crapped a squirrel. He ran away..but I named Gumby because he was quite flexible and wiley.
 
Why does everything you talk about involve things either going into, or coming out of, your butt?
 
Happy Birthday way late! Dan's been 26 since November, and I think he's had the best year of his life so far! There's always something to look forward to, it's just that those somethings change over time!
 
they don't call me Papa Moranus for nothing!
 
Holy attack of fake kelmo and jason!
 
Jason, please. When you're sliding into first and you feel something burst. It's time to write a new post. Cha cha cha. Please end the fake j.mo and k.mo poo talk.
 
I like it! Good job. Go on.
»
 
I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»
 
Where did you find it? Interesting read » »
 
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it porsche race parts
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
for smiles. for fun. for good times. for love. for eternity. for my family. for friends. for myself. for him.

Archives
June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / April 2011 / April 2012 /


>>Blogs that link here

Jason-Moran Dot Com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Buy Jason a Beer!