Jason Moran
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
  Photo Sharing
I had a bit of a revelation over the weekend. I had an idea which seemed brilliant to me, and hopefully it sounds like a good idea to a bunch of my friends.

You see, I don't like the shrunk-down versions of photos that people share with one another online. If I want to print it out...it won't look as good as the original. That's the reason why I wrote the program for my website after camping...to share full quality pictures. I never really made use of that program...and I've stopped updating my website in favor of my blog as well.

Anyway, on to the idea. I know there are tons of pictures out there that I would love to get my grubby hands on. Pictures of friends kids. Pictures of my wife and I that other people took. The best pictures that other people have of themselves.

So, I want to organize a giant photo trade. This is so much easier than ever before. We have no need to print off doubles. That's because this trade is going to be 100% digital. All that has to be done is throwing a bunch of pictures on to a cd. At the minimum do that once and I (or somebody else) can make more copies for you. At the most find out how many people will be part of the trade and burn that many copies of your picture cd. In the end, each participant should end up with like 6 or 7 new cds of pictures. Of course some of the pictures will seem useless...but I'll guarantee that some real gems will emerge from your new stack of pictures.
 
Comments:
did you take a picture of it?
 
I am up for it, sounds fun! Weha ve some really good ones=)
 
I'm only in if 100% of Jason's fraternity era pictures from college are included.
 
Sorry, Dave. Those weren't digital pictures.
 
Jason, I'm sure we can fix that.
 
Oh, don't worry Angela, I'll take what you already have. I don't plan on this being a one time only thing. We can probably do this every year to get the most up-to-date pictures from everyone. Maybe even some videos...
 
I heard Scott Stapp has something to contribute.
 
Dang Jason, it's about time you posted something ;)
 
Apparently, Sammon knows this from personal experience.
 
So you're confirming your ownership of a banana hammock?
 
Well, you don't want to get caught with smuggled plums...
 
I suppose not.
 
I'm also glad to share in Bode's ignorance. Like Amy said, when we get the gusto to get a digital camera, we'll be right there with you. I just wish it wasn't so complicated... maybe someone can post about good/bad digital cameras...
 
well, i'm really bad at keeping up with photos. but i'm trying. so this would be a challenge for me. but i might just give it a shot.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
for smiles. for fun. for good times. for love. for eternity. for my family. for friends. for myself. for him.

Archives
June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / April 2011 / April 2012 /


>>Blogs that link here

Jason-Moran Dot Com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Buy Jason a Beer!