Jason Moran
Thursday, February 23, 2006
  This is dedicated to snowboarding...
...and the lizards who carve the mountain. SoBe yourself! I didn't know lizards carve mountains on snowboards, but that's what this bottle of SoBe is telling me.

Anyway, I went snowboarding at Peek'n Peak last week. In the grand scheme of snowboarding it sucked. However, it was my only time out this year, so it was still "good". I ride "Normal", which is left foot forward. I have big problems landing 180s (or failed 360s that are somewhere around 270 or so) because I can't ride with my opposite foot forward. If I can get out one more time this year I will alter my board so that it doesn't favor either foot and I will try to learn "Goofy" style, which is right foot forward. If I can get that under control, my trick abilities should get better.

In other news...

Kelly and I are gearing up for our new house. We have dates set on the calendar. We walk through on Monday March 27th, we get the keys on Wednesday March 29th, and we have our BIG MOVE on Saturday April 1st.

I like to research every major purchase I make. Therefore, I have been in stores and online checking out refigerators like it's my job. Kelly doesn't research things in as much detail as I do, so that, of course, drives me crazy. We just bought blinds for every window in the house last night...and it turns out Kelly had the measurements wrong so it is not a perfect fit. More research I have done is on HDTVs and HTPCs (Home Theater PC, also called a Media Center PC). The end result of that research is that they are expensive, and we don't have the money for them. However, when we do have the money, then I will already have much of the leg-work done as far as this research goes. The last thing we are checking out are couches, chairs, and ottomans for the living room. We have found one that is okay, but it is not "perfect", so I'm holding out for a little while. Perhaps until after we move in.

I made a big list of needs/wishes with price ranges, probable prices, expected time frame for purchase (now, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years) and I have decided that I need to start selling my body for money, because we won't even have half of the dinero to get the stuff on the list. Oh, and of course Kelly and I see the prioritization of the list from completely different angles.
 
Comments:
There's always the home depot card. They've already got me by the cohones... might as well snag another.
 
By the way, we started shopping for tile for our kitchen backsplash last night at 9:05 pm. We're doing the backsplash this weekend. Tile saturday, grout sunday, among other things. It blows trying to find that stuff so last minute. Home depot? They got squat. Lowes? They're even worse and pricier.

Anyone know any good tile places?
 
Tilemart (hey, if Walmart sells walls...)
 
Clever Fake Kimber, Sammon, the tone caught me off guard. And no, nobody else can use the "April Fools" trick to get out of helping out with the move.
 
we got our furniture at value city furniture for good price and VERY nice, fyi...........
 
Well I am excited about your new home with you. But don't go broke trying to have everything at once. Like somebody told me...decorating your home is like a treasure hunt. You have to search for the perfect everything. Baby steps! But it looks like youare realizing that. Don't worry you will still have the best house of everyone!!
 
Great news! I'm glad to hear that everything in comeing together. It won't be long before you are enjoying the joys of your own utility bills, yard work, and land tax. Selling the body is an "interesting" idea, although I think it is illegal in Ohio... I would consider omitting the statement, as some fishy individuals may take you up on the offer...
 
I claim the right to use the April Fools Day excuse not to help you too... but that's really just because we, too, will be moving in on April 1st. Which, ironically, is exactly 4 years after we moved into the house we've been renting.

The FOR-RENT ad went in the paper yesterday. Yay, we'll have strangers driving into our driveway and looking into our windows and we haven't even started packing. Still trying to finish the new house.
 
Oh yeah and one word of well, insight I guess. With the upcoming renovation of our horrible walls and updating of funiature and decor, Josh and I have run into the same problem of the prioritizing thing. Just know this...women find their home to be a reflection of themselves, we need beauty in our homes, it is a bigger part of us as a woman than a man. So just take that for what you want!
 
So when a woman is pregnant, a man saying "She's as big as a house!" should be considered a compliment.

Point noted.
 
If there is anything that you no longer want once you move, I will take it. I like to fully embrace the "treasure hunt" look in my interior design.
 
One person's junk is another's treasure?

That line was conceived just to console bag ladies.
 
Wow, what a tall and slender house! Those are some voluptous windows. Oh! And look at that archway! Yikes...somebody needs to do some yard work. You might also want to repaint the trim.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
for smiles. for fun. for good times. for love. for eternity. for my family. for friends. for myself. for him.

Archives
June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / April 2011 / April 2012 /


>>Blogs that link here

Jason-Moran Dot Com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Buy Jason a Beer!