Jason Moran
Saturday, September 10, 2005
  Day 12: The Home Stretch
I am starting to develop a pattern here. The two major halves of this journey are working out and eating right. Well, I have accomplished at least 1 out of 2. I have managed to workout for at least an hour every single one of the days so far. Eating is a different story. I made it my first week with almost no mistakes, but I give in here and there ever since day 7.

Yesterday I ran on the elliptical (with no moving arms) for 50 minutes followed by a treadmill for 10. I don't like those ellipticals without the moving arms as much. On the treadmill I ran at an 8.5 MPH pace...which is killer fast for me.

I followed that up at the Fox and Hound with a pile of wings and chips...and a little bit later with pizza at Josh's...and a little bit later with an Oriental chicken wrap and onion peels at Applebees after midnight. I guess I suck at this whole eating right thing (although I'm doing better with eating than my usual deep-fried-sugar-coated-double-portion-of-fat style eating I usually partake of).
 
Comments:
When it comes down to it, eat what you want. If you really eat so much that it is a medical problem, shame on you. But look at it with rose colored glasses: Everyone dies anyway.

ps. I made another blog since Iron Clad is supposed to be for our small group.

pps. are you able to invite people into the Iron Clad blog now? I figured it out the one day, and now I'm lost. I was going to invite Josh.
 
Jason I think you need to focus on specific goals that you want to add to your current eating style. If you don't focus in you'll never learn how to make it a lifestyle change and you'll continue in the way we've always have eatened. For example, this month your goal is to eat a healthy salad every day. Its an attainable goal that will change you to the core, because sometimes you won't feel like a salad, but then you have to sit down and eat it anyway so you'll come up with creative salad options which will then encourage you to come up more creative salads and before you know you will have worked out your fried food and incorporated your recommended veggies without even trying hard b/c of course the struggle is learning to eat good so that you don't turn to the bad or if you do eat the bad you don't feel so bad b/c you already ate the good.
 
~mike, I haven't tried to invite anybody to the Iron Clad blog yet. I'm pretty sure I cannot since I have blog writing priveleges but not "change settings" priveleges.
 
Ok. We get it. You're underpriveleged.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
for smiles. for fun. for good times. for love. for eternity. for my family. for friends. for myself. for him.

Archives
June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / April 2011 / April 2012 /


>>Blogs that link here

Jason-Moran Dot Com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Buy Jason a Beer!