Jason Moran
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
  Party Party Weekend
I wasn't originally going to make a post about the various parties of the weekend, but I keep on telling people about them, so I might as well stick it on my blog. Friday night was the party in my backyard, and it was a pretty good time. Like I said, just sitting around in the back by the fire, plus a few people playing a game or two inside. The only thing that annoys me is how I invited most people via "evite". I am actually a new fan of evite, but it was totally inaccurate. Almost every single "maybe" ended up coming to the party, yet less than half of the "yes, I will be at your party" people ended up coming.

Saturday had us meeting a long lost friend of Kelly's: Dory from Kansas City and her husband Jared. They were best friends growing up and they got married 7 days before Kelly and I did. Right after that we went to a Coyne family party mostly put together because nobody has seen some of the babies that have been born into the family. As usual, the Coynes had lots of yummy food.

After that we went to Dan Laguardia's girlfriend's house in Brunswick for a party. INSANE! Crazy crazy crazy party. We got there at about 10:15 and we already missed Dan's band playing. We did catch the 2nd band and the 3rd band, which were actually pretty good. Giant speakers and a mullet in the band who ate a beer made them my personal favorite. Carissa's parents were supposed to be out of town, but they ended up staying and allowing the party to happen anyway. In addition to them were a bunch of other "old" people. Rick, Dan's uncle was in from Florida, plus the other member of Dan's group his uncle Dirty Dan was there giving us more cowbell if we wanted it. I saw a few more, but the ones that stood out were two very drunk 40 year old women that wandered in to the party from off of the street. Nobody knew who they were - yet that didn't stop them from drinking everybody elses beer and being annoying.

So, the bands got done playing and I saw that the hose was on. Next to the pool, going downhill the entire way down their long backyard is a super long slip-n-slide...probably 150 feet long. I saw Chad jump in the pool all by himself, and nobody else did anything. I decided to help him out by spraying the slip-n-slide up and down. One of the crazy drunk ladies made me hose her down, and she proceeded to belly flop on the slide and go for about 3 or 4 feet before coming to a stop. She proceeded to do this flop and not-slide about 10 times in a row.

Next thing you know one of the bands decides that it doesn't matter that nobody else brought a bathing suit with them, they'd just take off their shorts/pants and slide in their skivvies. I would love to say that it didn't look like a big gay orgy, but, well, that's exactly what it looked like. Guys were pulling down their boxer briefs a few inches, jumping on one another, then sliding down the slide. They must have been really good friends.

The cops came and didn't seem to find anything wrong going down, so they left and let things keep on going on. As gross as those guys were, they totally broke the ice for everybody else. Suddenly many more people were stripping down to their underwear to go down the slip-n-slide or into the pool, both guys and girl included. A few people were a bit too nervous so they went down fully clothed (Uncle Rick included). Anyway, I added shampoo to make the slide more slippery and I ended up going down it just like everybody else. I managed to collide with people and I have many bruises and possible internal bleeding to show for it. I didn't even check out the rest of the activities (horseshoes and a bonfire), but for the less than two hours I was there it was INSANE. Kelly and I had more planned for Sunday, but we couldn't take any more so we just slept and slept some more on Sunday.
 
Comments:
oh snap, with all the Coyne baby-ness, Kelly's gonna want one even more now.

you're doomed.
 
slip n slide...oh i am so jealous.
 
ok, J her name is spelled Dori and "uncle Rick" is not his uncle it's his step dad
 
Okay you spelling-nazi, I've never known somebody named Dori before, so I didn't know how to spell it. Also, I know very well that Rick is not his real uncle, that's why every time I reference him I call him uncle Rick. Notice the italics? Go back and check the post.
 
fight! fight!
 
is this Dori Beth Hackett?
who used to go to north coast? i remember her! (it has to be her, how many doris are there in this world?) how is she, kel?
 
Yes, Bek, this is Dori Hackett. She was a few years younger than you, so her memory is a bit faulty about who she knew. The last name Hoftyzer rang a bell with her, though.

They are living in a house (Jared works with real estate), she is going in to her last year of college, and I think they are going to the IHOP church in Kansas City.
 
Bek, she's doing really well she's great. She's going to college for early childhood education. They live in a cute little house! We were best friends since we were super little then she moved away.=(
J, I did notice the italics but why don't you just reference him as what he really is, his step dad.
 
OOOOOO, Kelly don't you know you are supposed to back your hubby up?? Sounds like a fun party, maybe I will have a slip and slide at Ethan's party. With enough kool-aide maybe we will be taking our clothes off too=)
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Hmm, I am very curious to what the last post said=)
 
^----- Yeah that.
 
That is soooo funny! Yeah the Kansas City IHOP is what we all know as the International House of Prayer not Pancakes. Its so funny that when I say IHOP people are not thinking about prayer when I am the whole time. Its a 24 hour place of prayer and worship. Its totally incredible you should go check it out sometime just to experience it sometime.
 
I love how close the two very different Cleveland area IHOPs are to each other. It definitely makes things confusing. Plenty of awkward conversations can be overheard if you don't know what is being talked about.
 
Tell me about it, my brother works at IHOP (the pancake one) and I was asking my mom to babysit so we could go to IHOP (the prayer one) and it turned into a really confusing conversation!!
 
so what WAS the deleted comment's nature?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
for smiles. for fun. for good times. for love. for eternity. for my family. for friends. for myself. for him.

Archives
June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / April 2011 / April 2012 /


>>Blogs that link here

Jason-Moran Dot Com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Buy Jason a Beer!