Jason Moran
Friday, July 22, 2005
  Of Fires, Lights, Chocolate, and Preparation
This will be such an exciting post! Okay, this will probably be one of the most boring ones ever. I'm really only posting again to remind my blog readers to come on out to my party tonight. That's right, I'm shameless. I'm having a fire in my backyard. I have this crazy contraption with various types of metal, gas tanks, and doors to put flammable materials into that I've never used before. I'll START trying to light it a few hours before the party so that I'm about half done when people start to show up.

My back yard actually had NO GRASS in May. I've been working on it ever since by putting in dirt, spreading seed, and consistently watering it. My parents even put down some fertilizer. The grass is still young, but I am very proud to say that I actually have some grass now. I've also been watering the front lawn for hours upon hours in a futile attempt to restore greenness to the grass. Anyway, I've been mowing and cutting and sweeping and blowing and edging and trimming and it still only looks "okay". Kelly is probably at an equal state of "is that all I was able to do with it" on the inside of the house. Anyway, I'm excited because I got to use a few lights for the party and anybody that knows me well can tell you that simple things like lights excite me for hours and totally make my day.

Last thing, on Tuesday I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at AMC Westgate with like 12 other people including Autumn and her son Erik. He made the movie worthwhile all by himself. The most anti-climactic part of the movie is when Charlie Bucket opens his "one a year" bar of chocolate and he just DESERVES to get one of those priceless golden tickets. A hush comes over the theater as he tears open one end of the bar, NOTHING. No golden ticket. "Nuh-uh, it's not!" yells Erik, which of course made the entire theater laugh heartily. Not too much later the movie has a sudden quiet moment at which point Erik has nearly impossible timing where he launched a rip of a fart from the dead center of the theater. I don't think everybody laughed at that one, but our row certainly couldn't contain themselves. Kids - gotta love 'em (but sometimes you wish you couldn't smell 'em).
 
Comments:
Yeah I would have to say Erik was hilarious. Erik yelled Nuh-uh because Merci kept telling him about the golden ticket, He's gonna get it he's gonna get it! So he was a little disappointed!!
I might come tonight Jason, Josh probably won't he has a lot of pain at night! Not sure though!
 
Yeah, Erik takes after his comedic (and gaseous) daddy, ha ha! I was incredibly disappointed by the movie. I don't think Erik enjoyed it either...I would have said he's just too young, but even if he were older I don't think he'd like it! But at least it was a memory maker. It was "date night" for Erik and Mommy! :)
 
Jason, I think we will be stopping by after all, yahoo! Probably not right at 7, but we're looking forward to some snuggling.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
for smiles. for fun. for good times. for love. for eternity. for my family. for friends. for myself. for him.

Archives
June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / April 2011 / April 2012 /


>>Blogs that link here

Jason-Moran Dot Com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Buy Jason a Beer!