Jason Moran
Friday, July 08, 2005
  Kids, A Stupid Law, and Weight Gain
I helped Kelly watch Merci and Ethan last night. Ethan was a snap because he didn't nap. The kid meandered around, walking into walls (not dazed at all) and at one point purposely going from a standing position to his head smacking the ground with a thud. He complained about bed for about 3 minutes at which point he passed out kneeling. Merci is such an actress. "I'm scared of the dark", but Merci, the lights are on. "The fireworks outside sound like tapping on my window", but Merci, they are just fireworks. "I'm thirsty", you just had a glass of juice five minutes ago. "Can't I rest on the little couch downstairs", mommy said no. "Let's read a book -- I can practice reading for you." Stop making excuses for not going to bed Merci. "I can't go to sleep for anybody but mommy and daddy. I don't know why, I can only do it for them, so let's go back downstairs." Now that one was a pretty clever one. She was actually reasoning with us. The fake crying with the scared of the dark plea was pretty good - maybe Merci should be in the movies. She came back downstairs a couple of times but eventually we just said stay in your room and read a book. She passed out pretty quickly after that.

Now, I don't like the Candadian law against wardriving. This is when you drive around neighborhoods with a laptop looking for free wireless access to the internet coming out of a house. So, some guy in Florida got arrested for the same thing. He didn't drive around, he just sat in his house using a neighbors WAN. This is like putting a sign on your lawn saying OPEN HOUSE with your front door open. Somebody walks in and finds a platter of finger sandwiches. He eats one, you find out, and you are super mad that he had the nerve to take one of YOUR sandwiches. Basically the neighbors house was broadcasting a signal through the air. The man next door used that signal. Check this out, if you have a wireless card IT DECIDES ITSELF which wireless signal to use. So, even if you had your own wireless router in many cases you will automagically log on to your neighbors wireless signal. If you don't want somebody using your signal, you can simply go to the wireless settings and change the option from "OPEN" to "PRIVATE". Whoa. That was easy. The guy who was arrested should sue the neighbors because, hey, they were sending a signal INTO his house, weakening his own wireless signals. Maybe if they kept their free, open signals out of his house he wouldn't be using it. If you have a tree that has branches hanging over my lawn, I can chop those branches off. Anyway, I think this is crazy.

Oh, lastly, I continue to eat a lot of garbage and I think I gained the 5 pounds I lost right back. Dangit.
 
Comments:
I think gaining that much weight should be illegal.

18 months ago I was 13 pounds lighter. That's nearly an 8% gain in body weight over that time. Ok, so about 4-5 pounds of that is muscle, but the remainder is fat.

Do you know what 5 pounds of fat looks like? Do you know how much volume 5 pounds of fat makes up?

Dang it! If I only ate less, I'd have mo' money in my pockets, too.

Thanks for ruining my day.
 
My daughter! I don't know where she gets it, Josh and I are quiet individuals of rthe most part and not as outgoing as she.Oh well. i just have to remeber that God made her who she is.
Oh yeah so J I hear you think it be funny to take Ethan to a bar tommorow night...you are a mean guy!! Hey if you were single you'd pick up some chicks for sure!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
for smiles. for fun. for good times. for love. for eternity. for my family. for friends. for myself. for him.

Archives
June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / April 2011 / April 2012 /


>>Blogs that link here

Jason-Moran Dot Com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Buy Jason a Beer!