Jason Moran
Friday, June 24, 2005
  Just One Of Those Days...
...that a girl goes through. So, it's still pretty early in my day yet I can't wait for it to be over. Things are not going well at all. I have been living in my North Olmsted house for almost a year now. In that time I have been pulling out of the garage and quickly turning my wheel to get my car over to the right every day. This habit was formed because we usually have an old beater parked about 10 feet behind my car that I need to evade, and the driveway is actually 8 feet over to the right of where I park my car. Usually I click the garage opener button and hurry to my car. Before the garage door is even open I'm in my car and starting it up. I put it in reverse to the right, then about 5 seconds later I look behind me to see how much more/less I need to turn to the right.

So, today was no different. Well, except for the fact that for the first time ever Kelly parked her car directly into my reversing path. It was so strange that when I heard the crunching sound I didn't even hit my break because I had to look to see what it could possibly be before I decided to finally break. We just bought BOTH of these cars a couple of months ago. My car must be made out of some space age plastic, because I have no dents. Then again, some of my paint is missing and I have some of Kelly's paint on my car. Her car is definitely worse. I had to pull the metal (now pressing against her tire) out so that it was in the generally correct position. I pull some rubber lining and tried to mush it into the right spot. I took a step back and it didn't really look much better to me.

I wish I was done. Well, the next problem isn't quite as bad. I was driving in to work yelling at myself for doing the same thing I've done for 300+ days straight (and not changing my behavior to check for that car). Next thing I know I see my exit on the turnpike coming fast. I was in the speed lane, and I tried to get over, but there were 3 semi-trucks, a minivan, and a pickup who were all plotting against me. Dangit, I missed it. Then I start thinking...oh crap, this is the turnpike. I don't really know this area at all yet. Plus the exits are like 15 miles apart. Plus I'll owe more money at the next exit. This took me almost a minute at 60 MPH to work through. I suddenly decided to pull over. Next thing you know I'm in reverse at about 40 MPH trying to get back to my exit. I had to cross over an entrance ramp backwards and under a bridge which really didn't have any space on the side of the road for my car to be backing up.

Anyway, I'm finally here at work, but I just realized that I forgot to bring a lunch. I suppose I can go out for lunch, except that adds 45 minutes on to the length of my work day. Oh, by the way, I have to admit that Kelly asked me to pull her car into the garage last night. I told her not to worry, nothing would happen to her car just because it was sitting in the driveway instead of the garage.
 
Comments:
Thanks J, for admitting that I asked you to put the car in the garage last night! You should listen to your wife apparently. Now my car looks retarded!
 
Hey...wait a minute. There's nothing anonymous about a person who admits to being your wife. I know who anonymous is! Hehehe...trying to pull a fast one on me, but I'm too clever. Another mystery solved. :)
 
That's ok Kelly you are used to a smooshed up car, Jason just wanted to make sure this one looked the same;) Poor Jason I will pray your days goes better!
 
i know this is the least of your problems, J, but dont feel too bad about forgetting your lunch. andy forgets his lunch every day. in fact, its a rare occasion when he remembers his lunch. i usually call and congratulate him. it works out great b/c i only have to pack one lunch a week -usually on monday, and then by friday he remembers it. its gotten so bad that i have now replaced my groggy "i love u" at 6am when he leaves with "lunch, get lunch"
 
Yes, I have a hard time remembering anything in the morning. But I must admit, I have never forgotten to check whether or not there was a car parked behind me!!! This is classic J!! Like the time we were going downtown and you were driving and there was tons of snow on the ground . . . . .

Oh yes, it's all coming back to me. A snowy, blusterry day. Jason, Dan L. and I decided to go shopping at tower city. ( I don't believe any of us bought anything but some cheap taco bell, becuase we were poor, I don't know if anything has changed : ) We're on the freeway, cruising at 60mph, when Jason decides to turn his body 180 degrees in order to have a conversation with me. Now, any other time I would be okay with the fact that Jason wants to look at me while having a delightful conversation. However, while operating a vehicle (a Toyota 4-runner that was pert near rusted out, mind you)at 60mph on a "less-than-kosher" road with two other lives at stake, I might have a problem. So, of course, I yell, "JASON-WATCH OUT!!" I think he hit the breaks even before he had time to turn around. It's a good thing too! Cuz we fish tailed and swirved and ended up about 2 inches from the bumber of the car in front of us. Ahh yes, wide eyed and breathing heavy, we were alive. Not only did we have an exciting time on the freeway, but Jason got turned around while downtown. Not on the wrong road persay, on the wrong sidewalk. That's right, Jason thought the sidewalks were roads - Good times, good times. Close to hitting trees and shrubs, parking meters and an occasional pedestrian, we finally parked and made our way into Tower City. The rest of the day is a blurr.

Of course Jason, I do feel for you. Maybe you can tell the insurance co. that you're not completely liable cuz you weren't fully awake . . . . . you never now, it just might work.

If these are the type of events this day holds for you, may the rest of your day be uneventful.

Love ya bro.
 
Andy, that's just 1 of 3 stories to come out of that 1985 Toyota 4Runner white beast. I'll tell one and see if anybody remembers the other. Don't worry, it's short.

I was driving from downtown to Case on Chester Ave. with a car full of people. I was really trying to cruise and it was one of those times when three cars triple team you like truckers do and block all three lanes at 10 MPH under the limit. It drives you crazy, right? Well, Chester is one of those streets with trees and plants in a center divider. Well, not to be beaten by those three idiots I decided to swerve onto the wrong side of the road for a few street lights and managed to pass many, many cars before I fishtailed my way back into regular traffic at 65 MPH (on a 35 MPH street). Fun fun fun
 
I have one too! We were either on our way to or home from Southpark mall. Yeah well you see 16 and 17 year olds think that it is cool to not stay at home but try to beat the horrible blizzardy snow storm.."oh man it's not bad what are people talking about." Well especially in the 4 runner, I can't remember every detail but we start yelling and before we know it the car is turned in the exact opposite direction we were going! It was sooooo scary, I think we were absolutely silent for the rest of the way home! Man I am a bad storyteller! Sorry. I just know I was there along with Joe Miller,a nd of course Jason driving, there were others in a different car!
 
Okay Donna, you got it, more or less. Even I am a little hazy on some of the details. I remember we were on 42 and we were going down a hill in absolutely terrible snow. I didn't do a thing yet as we are going down the hill (faster than everybody else) the 4Runner starts to spin around. Next thing you know we were exactly 180 degrees turned around AND we went through a red light while we were doing the spinning.

The best part? At least two people in the car hit me in the arm and said, "J! What'd you do that for!?" like I did it on purpose. I said it was an accident but nobody believed me. Maybe it wasn't an accident...
 
Check out one of my favorite sites for wrecked cars, but I don't think Honda Civics would make it on the site.

http://www.wreckedexotics.com
 
Now, the reason I hit that wooden sign post is that I wasn't looking at the entrance to the parking lot, I was watching the other side of the road (that's right, I made a left turn while looking at the right side of the road). Why? It was pretty late at this point, yet the Phi Delts were practicing for rope pull under the star light. I decided to keep driving and make the turn while staring in awe at their late night practice. I noticed the sign coming pretty early on, but for some reason (just like how I did when I heard the crunch of Kelly's Civic behind me a few days ago) I just kept on going right for the sign.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
for smiles. for fun. for good times. for love. for eternity. for my family. for friends. for myself. for him.

Archives
June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / April 2011 / April 2012 /


>>Blogs that link here

Jason-Moran Dot Com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Buy Jason a Beer!