Jason Moran
Monday, June 20, 2005
  Camping Is Fun
I like camping. Well, I think it depends on the definition you use for camping. I don't mean backpacking. I like the camping where they have flushable toilets and hot water showers and air mattresses. The trip I just went on this past weekend was one of those. It was what is becoming a fairly regular "couples camping" trip. I think we had something like 9 couples there with about half of the couples bringing their kids (the rest, if I wasn't clear, didn't have any kids to bring).

Besides being about 5 degrees too cold to swim we had perfect weather. Just warm enough to be comfortable yet cold enough to sleep okay at night. Thanks to Donna for planning out the weekend for us. My favorite moment was looking at the sidelines of the ultimate frisbee field and seeing a whole squadron of wives holding digital cameras to photograph their husbands huffing and puffing up and down the field. NERDS! Well, I don't know whether to call everybody nerds or just call the situation very cute.

I took some pictures and I know that most of the other people took plenty of pictures, too. I have set up a section of my website to host the FULL QUALITY original photographs. I programmed this page yesterday so that I could host full quality pictures and throw them on my website in a matter of minutes. This page will suck (load really slowly) unless you have a broadband internet connection. For now you can go to http://www.jason-moran.com/pictureShow to check out the existing pictures (and download them to print out yourselves) if you want to. The next step will be to add an upload button to the page. I want my friends to be able to add 5 or 6 of their favorite full-quality pictures to each of the categories. That way we can all share high-quality (printable) pictures with each other.
 
Comments:
jason - u r very talented with pics and computes.
i loooooooooooooooove that picture of israel!!!!!!!!!!!! so, how do i print that??
 
Ha, it's funny how much you abbreviate when you type, but then you put about twenty "o"s in love. Maybe that's because it is the same key repeated many times. Basically when you see a picture you right click on it and save as... Once it's saved on your computer you can do with it what you will. You can burn it to a cd and bring it to walmart to print it out, also, if you have a digital camera then you might be able to copy the picture on to your digital camera then take that someplace.

Plenty of means exist to the end.
 
yippee, pictures! I was laughing at the less than ideal facial expressions on everyone... until I saw the one of me, lol! I can't wait till Andy wakes up from his nap and I can show him the one of him and the guitar. :)
 
Andy with the guitar is THE funniest picture I took. I wasn't going to put it on the site at first, but it was too funny not to include.
 
Josh took, I think about 120 pictures! We have soooo many! I will picka few to share but, I don't have a website to share all of them! Why the picture of me scratching my nose, come on!
 
Donna, don't worry, you can use my website to share a bunch of them. I am working on two upgrades to the picture sharing page I wrote yesterday. One thing I want to do it display very slightly smaller pictures than the originals on the screen (so it doesn't take 45 seconds to load the page) and to enable the upload feature. If this gets really popular then I will probably have to buy more webspace and bandwidth for my server (ugh, more bills!)
 
Isn't it funny that 3 years ago if we played any type of team sport we did not get photographed? Now when we play sports together our wives turn it into a chance to get embarrassing pictures.
 
Okay, I have edited the picture program to show slightly smaller pictures than originally. It should load much faster (yet slow still). If you want to download a full quality picture now then you will have to click on the picture for the full image to load.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
for smiles. for fun. for good times. for love. for eternity. for my family. for friends. for myself. for him.

Archives
June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / April 2011 / April 2012 /


>>Blogs that link here

Jason-Moran Dot Com

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Buy Jason a Beer!